By the end of this seminar you will be able to
What is love?
Is love a fancy or a feeling?
“And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put Love and mercy between your (hearts), verily in that are signs for those who reflect.”
- ArRum 30:21
Understand the Meaning of Love and Its Rulings from An Islamic Perspective
So, what is love? And what does Islam have to do with it?
Think about it, in times when society and culture infatuate people with the urge to fall in love and enjoy all the emotional and physical pleasures derived from it, it is imperative that a Muslim know how to fulfil his or her desires in the way most pleasing to Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala.
In this one weekend seminar, you will learn how Islam encourages the development and maintenance of romantic love between spouses. If you are seeking the knowledge of how to gain the pleasures of this world while not compromising your hereafter, this course is for you!
“Verily, I was filled with love for her.”
That is from the Messenger sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam about Khadijah, his wife.
What’s that? You never thought that love had a place in Islam? You couldn’t be more wrong. Learn about the love stories of the prophet Muhammad sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam, and his companions.
If you’re married and looking for ways to please your spouse, or if you’re not married and looking to increase your knowledge on the correct way of getting married, check this course out. You will not be disappointed, insha Allah.
- Understand the meaning of love and its rulings from an Islamic perspective
- Recognize the mercy and wisdom of Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala Who laid down rules for marriage and the treatment of one’s spouse
- Understand how Islam protects and nurtures love between a male and a female through the institution of marriage
- Know how love and compassion played key roles in the life of the Prophet Muhammad, sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam, and his example as a husband and a family man
- Understand the reasons behind the status and importance of marriage and the family unit in Islam
- Search for the most desirable characteristics in a prospective spouse and know the correct procedures for pursuing someone you are interested in marrying
- Know the rights and obligations of each spouse and how to work together to achieve a household full of love and mercy
All with the expert guidance of our resident expert on love and married life in Islam.
Shaykh Yahya Ibrahim is a specialist in Spirituality and Qur’an. He studied Tafsir, Fiqh and Hadith with scholars from Hijaz and Egypt. Sought after by Muslim and non-Muslim organizations, schools and government. Educates on domestic violence, misogyny, gender discrimination, child protection, disability and mental health. Awarded West Australian Multicultural Community Service Award for Individual Excellence.